mrsmulford at chemineblog.wordpress.com nominated me for the Liebster award. She liked & commented on my last post (I’m Not a Fan of Having a Life Plan) and then nominated me shortly after following. I just followed her back ten minutes ago, but I can already see that her blog is worth following so go! I thank her for this – I’ve never received an award on this website before. For that reason, I might do this post wrong.
Okay, so here are the rules for accepting the Liebster Award:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog. chemine.wordpress.com
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
11 Random Facts about Myself
11. Sometimes, I do things abnormally to make them seem more exciting. For example, this list starts from number 11 and serves as a countdown to number 1. For that reason, you might expect the last fact to be the best one, but, no – it’s not going to be special. I’m just counting down because I can.
10. I love sunflowers.
9. My taste in music includes so much. I still enjoy musicians/bands that hit their prime in the 90s – such as Backstreet Boys and Jesse McCartney. Rap appeals to me – I love Cudi, Logic, Childish Gambino and so many others. As a Californian, I’m required to worship Red Hot Chili Peppers and Sublime. I’ve listened to electronic since 2010 – including Bassnectar, Flume, Kaskade, Flosstradamus, Avicii and so many others. I love singers, too – and quality bands. There’s a lot more, but I’ll stop before I become more annoying than country music – the one genre I won’t listen to.
8. I see Lana del Rey as a female version of The Weeknd.
7. She asked me what I’m thinking about and yo, I said, my jewelry. That’s not a fact. Those are Andre Nickatina lyrics. I’m kind of running out of things to say about myself.
6. I think green is the best looking eye color.
5. It’s almost Halloween, so why not talk about candy? I love most kinds. Not almond joys, though. There is no joy involved in eating an almond joy.
4. This number represents the age I was when I said my first word – which was chocolate.
3. My car is a 1995 gold Toyota Camry named Marvin.
2. I want to visit New York.
1. I practically never use the term “lol”
Time to answer the questions I’ve been asked!
1. Name one of your top ten favorite books. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
2. What is your favorite month of the year? Tough question – I guess April. Spring weather is nice, April fool’s day is fun, and there’s usually plenty of flowers all around. It also contains the perfect date – April 25, because all you need is a light jacket.
3. If you could learn to play any musical instrument, what would it be? PIANO. I’ve wanted to play for so many years
4. What career would you choose, if you could be ANYTHING you wanted? I’d like to be a mermaid.
5. What is your favorite comfort food (or beverage)? There’s multiple, but one of them is ice cream.
6. Do you prefer movies or television shows? I like television shows because they can show a continuation of a plot and often, that shows the growth and development of characters. It feels like I’m watching someone’s story – it’s great.
7. What is your favorite household chore? Cooking, if that counts. I’m not too bad at it and there’s a great reward at the end – food.
8. What are you most grateful for right this minute? The pillow behind me, the fan above me, and the fact that tomorrow is Friday. And, that I was nominated to do this.
9. Are you a worrywart or a “take-it-easy” type of person? I try to be both – worry when it matters, take it easy when I can afford to mess something up.
10. What is your favorite color and why do you like it? Yellow. It looks good; I guess I like the brightness.
11. What made you decide to start your blog? One: to read the work of others. Two: to post my own writing. I wanted to see how people on the internet feel about the things I write.
Honestly, I don’t know who to nominate specifically. I’m afraid of nominating the wrong people. So, I’m going to nominate whoever is reading this post – you get the Liebster Award! Holla!
11 questions for the nominees
1. What is your favorite season?
2. If you could eat breakfast with any celebrity, who would it be?
3. Don’t read this sentence. Why did you not do what you were told?
4. Have you ever voted in an election?
5. Do you like to dance?
6. If given the opportunity to live in a new place for six weeks, where would you choose?
7. Would you consider yourself to be more of a lock or a key? Do people try to get you to open up, or do you try to open others?
8. What’s the most ephemeral thing you’ve ever experienced?
9. What’s your favorite thing to take pictures of?
10. If given the opportunity to relive last night, would you do it?
11. You gotta kik?